6 sweet potatoes (orange colored ones), peeled and cut into large chunks
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon potato starch
1 teaspoon salt
grated peel of one orange
1 cup orange juice
2 Tablespoons margarine
1. Combine all ingredients except potatoes and bring to a boil over medium to high heat.
2. Simmer until the mixture has thickened (about 5 minutes).
3. Place potatoes in a greased casserole and pour sugar mixture over potatoes.
4. Mix gently to coat potatoes and place into a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven uncovered.
5. Bake 1 hour, basting several times during baking time.