4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup grated raw carrots, packed
1/4 cup shredded apple
1/4 cup red wine
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon peel
1/3 cup potato starch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until light.
3. Add the grated carrot, shredded apple, wine, lemon juice, lemon peel, and potato starch. Blend well. (this step can be done ahead of time)
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold them into the carrot mixture.
5. Spoon into a well-greased 1-1/2 qt. casserole or soufflé dish.
6. Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately so it's light and fluffy.