These are thin and crispy. From Smittenkitchen.com
2 cups flour (replace 3 Tbsp. with cocoa powder for double chocolate cookies)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup better, melted (yes, actually melted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl.
2. Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl. (it won't actually get creamy)
3. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Blend well.
4. Add flour mixture. Mix well.
5. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.