You can make these muffins ahead of time and freeze them. Take them out of the freezer in the morning, spread them out on a baking sheet, and stick them in a warm oven for 10 minutes right before you need them. They make about 18 good size muffins.
1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two regular-size muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, beat margarine, sugar, salt, vanilla, and eggs.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cornmeal.
4. Add the soy milk and flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating a little bit at a time.
5. Pour into muffin tins, about 2/3 full. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Make sure you don't overcook them if you are reheating later.