This is from a new blog I just discovered: Lindenandrosemary.com/blog. It's more like a cake than a bread--a soft, moist consistency, not like banana bread.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, and spices.
4. Using a wooden spoon, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just incorporated.
5. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
6. Pour in pan and cook 45 minutes.