• 5 cup of water
• 4 Chicken legs AND
• 4 Chicken thighs, loose skin - discarded
• 1 cup of Dried chick-peas, soaked in water overnight & drained
• 2 md (1 cup) onions, chopped
• 1 Rib celery w/leaves, sliced
• 1 large Carrot, sliced diagonally
• 1 (1/2 lb) zucchini, sliced
• 1 tablespoons of Salt, or to taste
• 1/4 tablespoons of Pepper
• 1/4 tablespoons of Ground cuminseed
• 1/4 cup of Fresh coriander, chopped
• 1/4 cup of Fresh dill, chopped
• 1/4 cup of Lemon juice
• 4 cup of Water
• 1 tablespoons of Salt
• 2 cup of Raw rice, well rinsed
• 1/4 cup of Corn oil
1. To prepare stew: Bring water to a boil, add chicken pieces, & remove foam as it cooks. Add chick-peas, onions, celery, carrots, zucchini, salt, pepper, & cuminseed. Cover pan & cook over moderate heat for 45 mins. Add coriander, dill, & lemon juice & simmer over low heat for 15 mins more. This is sufficient to tenderized chicken & ingrate all seasonings.
2. To prepare rice: Bring 4 c water & salt to a boil in pan. Add rice & cook over moderate heat for 5 mins. Drain rice in colander & rinse w/cold water. Return rice to pan and pour oil over all. Cover pan & cook over low heat for 1/2 hr. No other water is added & rice cooks only moisture clings to it after rinsing. The rice will develop a crisp bottom layer.
Serve rice & stew separately. Each diner takes their own portion of rice & covers it w/as much stew as they wish. Serve warm.